1.05.2008

From the TLN Bookshelf: The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution



A Complete Program to Prevent and Rehabilitate Rotator Cuff Injuries

by Dr. Joseph Horrigan, Soft Tissue Center, and Jerry Robinson, Health For Life

Almost everyone who trains—no matter how carefully — experiences some form of rotator cuff injury during a lifetime of physical activity. Any of these injuries could permanently end a workout career. But most can be prevented.

The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution is a quick, simple program to help prevent (or help you recover from) rotator cuff injuries. It details how the shoulder works, what can go wrong and why, and describes exactly what to do (and not do) to insure against the risk of shoulder problems developing in the first place. Drawing from the latest scientific research, The 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution offers a new approach to prevention unlike any every published.

TLN Editor Comments: After 20 years of weight training and participating in recreational sports, I was fortunate enough not to experience a substantial rotator cuff injury. That all changed towards the end of of 2007. I tweaked my shoulder through a combination of trying to weight train while fatigued, awkwardly lifting an air conditioner and putting the injury "over the top" with an ill-fated (and DUMB) arm wrestling challenge. I am usually much smarter than that, but decided not to practice what I preach, and those three instances made me pay for several weeks. I was in some serious pain and had to stop training altogether for the first couple of weeks after the injury occurred.

Fortunately, I own a copy of 7-Minute Rotator Cuff Solution. Recommending it to others for years, now I found myself referring to it for rehab help. From it, I was able to identify my type of injury and follow the recovery program targeting that area of the rotator cuff.

Comprised of localized stretching and light resistance, I slowly progressed through each level of 7 Minute's program until regaining full range of motion.

I have since resumed my regular weight training routine and can thankfully complete all upper body exercises without pain or restriction of movement.

Just as important, the book taught me the importance of warming up my rotator cuffs prior to EVERY workout.

Get this book and start making a 7-minute commitment to your rotator cuffs!

No comments: