9.07.2006

Phil's Journal: Back to School, Back to Work!


With my two kids back to school, I have been granted the wonderful privilege to work again in an uninterrupted stretch of more than 46 minutes at a time. As much as I enjoyed working at all hours of the day (and night) and completely messing up my sleep patterns, I gladly take the "back-to-school" 6-hour workday!

A great thing about working from home with the kids this summer was that I was responsible for all their meals, snacks and completing the grocery shopping. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be documenting this info into various areas of the site, including a nutritionally sound grocery list and menu for parents looking for help on getting their kids's eating habits in check.

In theme with "Back-To-School", I posted a topic regarding a recent Dateline episode. It covers Fast Food and its correlattion to the obesity epidemic in the U.S. There is special emphasis on children and how they are influenced by the bombardment of advertising by Fast Food and Junk Food mega-corporations. You just have to see the video clips of the kids choosing a rock with cartoon character stickers on it over a banana as a breakfast choice!

If you are not a member of the TLN Network yet, join us. It only takes seconds to sign up for a FREE membership!

Enjoy and Be Healthy,

Phil

No comments: